LIMELITE 5 is a lime bath additive designed to improve the adhesion of lime coatings.
Benefits of LIMELITE 5:
• Improves the cohesive and adhesive properties of lime coatings
• Reduces staining of the lime coating caused by improper rinsing or oxidation
• Increases the coating weight obtained per dip
• Helps disperse and suspend lime more uniformly throughout the bath and on the wire
• Reduces existing lime crystals and slow lime crystal growth in the lime bath
• Has excellent defoaming properties
LIMELITE 5 can be used at concentrations of 3%-6% of the weight of lime in the bath to achieve the desired coating properties (add 3 to 6 pounds of LIMELITE 5 for every 100 pounds of lime added to the bath).
If you have a 5000 gallon working volume tank that takes 2500 lbs of lime to build up you would need to add 75 lbs of LIMELITE 5 for a 3% addition or 150 lbs of LIMELITE 5 for a 6% addition.
Calculation for 3% addition: 2500lbs lime x 0.03 = 75 lbs LIMELITE 5
Calculation for 6% addition: 2500lbs lime x 0.06 = 150 lbs LIMELITE 5
Add LIMELITE 5 at a pre-determined concentration (3% to 6%) with every replenishing addition of lime. No testing is required.
Freiborne’s limelite series of products is designed to improve the performance and extend the life of your lime dip tank. Provides for greatly enhanced adhesion and uniformity of lime coating while inhibiting the growth of large lime cystals in the bath.
To place an order, please contact our knowledgeable and professional customer service team:
If you are unable to find what you need or require a custom formula, please call and speak with one of our knowledgeable Formula Engineers. They can walk you through the ordering process quickly and professionally.