LIMELITE 5 is a lime bath additive designed to improve the adhesion of lime coatings.
Benefits of LIMELITE 5:
• Improves the cohesive and adhesive properties of lime coatings
• Reduces staining of the lime coating caused by improper rinsing or oxidation
• Increases the coating weight obtained per dip
• Helps disperse and suspend lime more uniformly throughout the bath and on the wire
• Reduces existing lime crystals and slow lime crystal growth in the lime bath
• Has excellent defoaming properties
LIMELITE 5 can be used at concentrations of 3%-6% of the weight of lime in the bath to achieve the desired coating properties (add 3 to 6 pounds of LIMELITE 5 for every 100 pounds of lime added to the bath).
If you have a 5000 gallon working volume tank that takes 2500 lbs of lime to build up you would need to add 75 lbs of LIMELITE 5 for a 3% addition or 150 lbs of LIMELITE 5 for a 6% addition.
Calculation for 3% addition: 2500lbs lime x 0.03 = 75 lbs LIMELITE 5
Calculation for 6% addition: 2500lbs lime x 0.06 = 150 lbs LIMELITE 5
Add LIMELITE 5 at a pre-determined concentration (3% to 6%) with every replenishing addition of lime. No testing is required.
To place an order, please contact our knowledgeable and professional customer service team:
If you are unable to find what you need or require a custom formula, please call and speak with one of our knowledgeable Formula Engineers. They can walk you through the ordering process quickly and professionally.