FREICLEAN 10E is a liquid, alkaline, heavy duty cleaner for steel. The cleaner may be used for spray or immersion applications. FREICLEAN 10E is designed to remove phosphate and lubricant soils from steel work when exceptionally oily soils are present. Oily soils may be skimmed from the surface of the cleaning solution and stearate lubricant soils will not gel in the cleaning solution at ambient temperatures. ADDITIVE 10VM may be used in conjunction with FREICLEAN 10E to improve the lubricant loading ability of the cleaning solution.
FREICLEAN 10E is a liquid, alkaline, heavy duty cleaner for steel. The cleaner may be used for spray or immersion applications. FREICLEAN 10E is designed to remove phosphate and lubricant soils from steel work when exceptionally oily soils are present.
FREICLEAN 10E may be used at concentrations of 5 – 10 % by volume, with operating temperatures of 150°-200°F. The normal processing time is 30 – 9 0 seconds for spray applications and 3 – 10 minutes for immersion applications. For optimum removal of heavy phosphate coatings, a concentration of 10% by volume at 190°F with immers ion time of 5 minutes or more is recommended.
The FREICLEAN 10E solution may be monitored by titration of the free alkali and the free to total alkalinity. Routine testing and maintenance is done using the free alkalinity of the bath.
Free Alkalinity Titration
The FREICLEAN 10E solution may be monitored by titration of the free alkali as follows:
1. Pipet a 2 ml sample of the FREICLEAN 10E solution into a suitable beaker or Erlenmeyer flask
2. Add 4 drops of Indicating Solution 3 (Phenolphthalein) (optional: add 50 mls of distilled, deionized, or reverse osmosis water)
3. Titrate the pink solution with Testing Solution 20 (0.1N H2SO4) until the pink is just removed from the solution.
4. Record the mls of Testing Solution 20 used as Free Alkali Points (save this solution and do not zero the buret if you plan on testing the total alkalinity).
5. Calculate the Concentration by volume using the following equation:
FREICLEAN 10E % v/v = (Free Alkali Points) x (0.595)
Addition of 6.0 gals (70 lbs) of FREICLEAN 10E per 1000 gals will raise the titration by 1 point
Cold Forming, Process Cleaning
Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
Spray or Immersion
To place an order, please contact our knowledgeable and professional customer service team:
- PHONE: 248-333-2490
- EMAIL: Click to Email
If you are unable to find what you need or require a custom formula, please call and speak with one of our knowledgeable Formula Engineers. They can walk you through the ordering process quickly and professionally.
Freiborne Industries, Inc is proudly powered by WordPress